So as i’m sure most of you are aware, Captivated by You comes out on 11/18 and I know that i’m not the only one that’s really excited since it feels like ages since we last connected with Eva and Gideon. Since it’s been so long and I’ve been so invested in the series, i felt that i owed it to myself to re-read all 3 books so that I’m not left wondering who we know what about. For those of you who haven’t read them all yet, there may be a few non-intentional spoilers below.
As you’ll remember, our leads met when Eva had just moved to NYC from San Diego – in the hopes of starting her life over and taking control of things since she’s had a bit of a rough past. She was abused by her step brother and as a result, that trauma has been something that’s stuck with her for her entire life. She moved here with Cary, her surrogate brother and best friend, someone who she met while trying to sort herself out in therapy in SD.
It’s on the day before Eva’s first day of work that she crosses paths with Gideon who she calls ‘Dark and Dangerous’ when she times her walk to her new office and runs into him. Gideon of course is the expected billionaire control freak, who has his own fair share of issues. He is also haunted by abuse from when he was younger – he had gone to therapy as a result of dealing with his father’s suicide and was taken advantage by the therapists assistant.
So, fast forward through the 3 books, we’re left in a place that makes you continue to wonder about the security and status of their relationship. We know that it’s not easy, there are a bunch of exes who want nothing more than to get in the way of the budding romance. Corinne – Gideon’s ex fiance (who’s also married) comes back into place, and she’s trying to stir things up. When she goes so far as to try to make Eva doubt Gideon, fails at that and then tries to kill herself by ODing – well things go from bad to worse. Then there’s the fact that Eva has her own triangle brewing. Her past comes back to ‘haunt’ her in a sense – Brett Is the lead singer of a rock band signed to Gideon’s label that’s making it big, and it’s when Eva learns that their biggest single is of her that things get dicey. Gideon gets jealous, Eva trying to deny the feelings that she still has for Brett- and brawling ensures.
Here are my questions though:
1) What’s Anne’s angle now? We know that she is married to Dr Lucas whom Gideon HATES, yet she’s found herself at an event that they are all at, and ties to Cary now that she was trying to get with him. So…i’m curious what her angle is and what she’s trying to do to the couple
2) Deanna – what’s she gunning for? i feel like it’s more than just a bitter ex – so we’ll have to see what she’s going for. She’s digging for information and trying to write a story that’s pretty deep i think – even with the ‘bone’ that Gideon’s tosses her for the wedding exclusive
3) The wedding – what’s going to come of that? I think that there’s going to be much more drama since nothing can be that easy
4) Cary and Tatiana – i don’t know about anyone else, but i’m still not sold that it’s Cary’s baby and i don’t know that she’s even really preggo – so we’ll have to see how that plays out
5) Megumi and Michael – i’d love to find out more about this one – i think that there have been quite a few teasers throughout the series so far and i want to know what’s really going on there and who he is
6) Eva’s Mom and Dad and what that’ll mean in the end. We know that there’s clearly a lot of love there and while i like Stanton a lot – i think that we’d all love for some sense of a happy ending for them.
So – i guess it’s just another little while until we get the next installment – but below is the link to pre-order so please make sure to pick it up!